Homemade mixed berry yogurt popsicles on a rustic white wooden background.
Just because you’re trying to eat healthier doesn’t mean you have to cut out delicious treats altogether. Indeed, responsible consumption can make your diet more sustainable in the long run. Without further ado, here are ten delicious dessert recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your healthy eating goals:
- Tropical fruit salad at sunrise with coconut chia cream: Satisfy your 3pm sugar cravings with this deliciously refreshing fruit salad that tastes like summer happiness in a bowl. In addition, the easy-to-prepare treatment contains important nutrients such as vitamins A and C, potassium, magnesium, iron and fiber. Do i have to say more? Here is the full recipe. These recipes for a healthy fruit salad with citrus mint dressing and a sugar-free strawberry pretzel salad are also highly recommended.
- Cherry avocado chocolate mousse: This rich, velvety mousse is filled with heart-healthy fats and antioxidants thanks to avocado and cherries. Plus, it doesn’t contain any refined sugars, making it an extremely healthy end to your meal. If you’re not a fan of cherries, don’t worry, just swap them out for fresh or frozen berries of your choice. Get the dairy-free dessert recipe here.
- Frozen yoghurt rind with blueberries and almonds: Loaded with protein, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C, this refreshing, berry-strewn dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth without getting you into a sugar accident later. Although the recipe uses almonds and blueberries, you can swap these for any combination of roasted nuts and seasonal fruits of your choice – like cherries and pecans, or pomegranate and pistachios. Here is the original recipe.
- Sugar-free cottage cheese parfait with berries: Creamy cottage cheese perfectly complements the tartness of the berries in this delicious, naturally-sweetened, healthy indulgence that can be enjoyed as both dessert and breakfast. Plus, it barely takes five minutes (and minimal culinary skills) to put it together. What is not to like? Get the recipe here. You might also like these recipes for Key Lime Yogurt Parfait with Granola and Low-Sugar Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait.
- Low Sugar Thin Strawberry Muffins: Fluffy and delicate with a touch of sweetness from ripe strawberries with every bite. These delicious muffins will satisfy even the sweetest sweet tooth. You can swap refined sugar for honey or maple syrup to make the recipe healthier. You can get the original recipe here. I also recommend these delicious recipes for thin banana bread muffins and low-sugar pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
- Sugar-free cookie dough dip: If you like cookie dough as much as I do, you’ll love this healthier twist on the classic indulgence that gets its natural sweetness from dates. Made with it gets its natural sweetness from dates. Said Nuff. You can find the full recipe here.
- Strawberry, blueberry, coconut and water popsicle: These refreshing, naturally sweet popsicles will help cool you down after a long day and give you a vitamin C boost. I also like tossing in raspberries and mint – to pack in more flavor. You can get the original recipe here. For a vegan version, swap the honey in the recipe for maple syrup or date syrup. You might also want to try this pineapple, mint, and coconut water pop recipe.
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bliss Bites: These crispy, dairy-free lucky bites are just the thing for you as a snack on the go and as an after-dinner sweet. Plus, it only takes 15 minutes to whip up a batch of these healthy treats. Check out the easy recipe here. You might also want to try this delicious recipe for dark chocolate rind with nuts and orange peel.
- Thin mixed berry pie: With a crispy fathead grid plate and a berrilicious filling underneath, no one could have guessed that this decadent and (seemingly) sinful dessert is both low-carb and free of added sugars. Check out the keto-friendly recipe here.
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies: Made from ingredients that are better for you, like whole wheat flour and coconut sugar, these chewy treats will make you fall in love with them at the first bite. Do not you believe me? Try the recipe for yourself. I also love these recipes for Paleo Chocolate Chip Blondies and Low-Carb Peanut Butter Blondies.
What’s your recipe for a healthy dessert? LMK in the comments section below.