What could be nicer than eating delicious baked goods for breakfast? Enjoy freshly baked goodies made from ingredients that are better for you and won’t cause a sugar spill! In honor of National Muffin Day, here are ten healthy muffin recipes you can whip up today (and every day):
- Thin strawberry oatmeal muffins: These droolable vegan, gluten-free muffins are filled with the goodness of protein-rich almond flour, oatmeal, and juicy strawberries. Also, the recipe uses applesauce and coconut sugar instead of refined sugar to sweeten the muffins. If you’re not a fan of strawberries, don’t worry, just swap it out for fresh or frozen blueberries or blackberries. Get the recipe here. You might also like this recipe for strawberry and orange muffins.
- Sour cherry muffins with dark chocolate chips: The bright taste of vitamin C-rich cherries perfectly complements the characteristic bitterness of dark chocolate in this delicious muffin recipe. Swap honey, coconut sugar, or applesauce for regular sugar if you want to make the recipe cleaner and healthier. Here is the original recipe. If you’re looking for a vegan version, check out this vegan chocolate chip cherry muffin recipe.
- Fried Pepper and Spinach Breakfast Egg Muffins: These deliciously tender muffins are loaded with good-health fiber, protein, vitamins, and magnesium. Plus, it takes less than 30 minutes to conjure up a ton of these beauties, so you can conjure them up even on a busy weekday. Or better yet, prep a batch over the weekend, heat it up, and enjoy it all week. These vegan spinach mixer muffins and spinach and goat cheese egg muffins are also highly recommended.
- One-bowl lemon poppy seed muffins: Made with healthier ingredients like whole wheat flour, magnesium-rich poppy seeds, egg whites, stevia, and simple Greek yogurt, these fluffy and moist muffins are perfect for take-away breakfast or lunch snacks. You can sub gluten free flour if you have any dietary restrictions. Here is the full recipe.
- Keto Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Muffins: These keto-friendly muffins are crispy and golden on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Sprinkle your favorite seasoning on top (I used smoked paprika and garlic powder) and you’re done. Here is the full recipe. This recipe for cheddar, zucchini and scallion muffins is also highly recommended.
- Thin Double Chocolate Banana Muffins: Tender and moist with the touch of sweetness of banana and chocolate chips with every bite, it’s hard to believe that this decadent breakfast recipe is actually healthy. They are also easy to make and freezer friendly. Said Nuff. You can get the full recipe here. You may also want to try this Dark Chocolate Blueberry Banana Oat Muffin recipe.
- Coconut Almond Paleo Breakfast Muffins: In addition to being healthy, these paleo breakfast muffins offer great flavor, despite being grain-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free. The original recipe uses almond flour, but you can use oat flour or coconut flour if you’d like. Here is the full recipe.
- Greek style zucchini and feta muffins: Loaded with high-protein feta, zucchini, mint, and nutty parmesan, these soft and hearty muffins are great for adding to your morning boost of energy. Plus, they contain less than 100 calories. What’s not to like? You can find the full recipe here.
- One bowl carrot apple muffins: These fluffy and tender muffins are loaded with nature’s best sweeteners – fresh carrots, juicy apples, and bananas. Finally, garnish these muffins with chopped walnuts or pecans and you’re done. Get the vegan, gluten-free recipe here. You might also want to try this delicious whole grain carrot cake muffin recipe.
- Greek yogurt and honey blueberry muffins: Made with whole wheat flour, almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, and coconut sugar, these soft and subtly sweet muffins are a healthier twist on the classic blueberry muffins. You can find the full recipe here.
So which of these healthy muffin recipes would you like to try? LMK in the comments section below.