Residents working in the treatment of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes are invited to attend free online educational events organized by the Alberta Health Services (AHS).
Diabetes the Basics is offered as a four-part group session led by AHS professionals who share their expertise, provide information, and initiate discussions that can help participants better manage their condition.
The session is offered to people who are at risk of developing diabetes, as well as people who have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes.
The briefing is an online version of the AHS Diabetes the Basics workshops that are offered regularly in communities across the Central Zone. Courses are offered online to follow public health guidelines on physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Diabetes The Basics will be held via Zoom on the following dates:
– March 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd from 5pm to 7.30pm
– March 18th, 25th, April 1st and 8th from 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
Participants experience the following:
– What is diabetes?
– foods that affect blood sugar.
– Monitoring and control of blood sugar.
– drugs for diabetes.
– What should be done during illness?
– How physical activity affects blood sugar.
– The importance of foot care.
For more information and to register, call the Alberta Healthy Living Program at 1-877-314-6997. You will receive your Zoom link when you register.
Get local stories you won’t find anywhere else straight to your inbox.