Dublin, February 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Added “Insulin Pens Market and Users by Diabetes Population (Type 1, Type 2), Countries, Types of Insulin Pens (Disposable, Reusable, Smart), Reimbursement Policies, Company Analysis” report ResearchAndMarkets.com Offer.
The global insulin pen market is projected to exceed $ 35 billion by the end of 2025.
An insulin pen is a medical device that diabetics use to inject insulin. The device consists of an insulin cartridge, a dial to measure the dose, and disposable needles to deliver the dose. There are currently 3 types of insulin pens available on the market (disposable, reusable and smart insulin pens).
Types of insulin pens
1. A disposable insulin pen is supplied with pre-filled insulin. Once the insulin cartridge is over, the entire insulin pen is discarded. The disposable insulin pen is also known as a pre-filled insulin pen.
2. A reusable pen contains a replaceable insulin cartridge. As soon as the insulin cartridge is empty, it must be replaced with a new one. A reusable insulin pen is also known as a permanent insulin pen.
3. Smart Insulin Pen is the Bluetooth-enabled insulin pen that records the time / date of insulin injections given. The latest addition to the Smart Insulin Pen package is also known as the “linked” insulin pen.
Insulin pen advantages over syringe
According to various studies, researches and surveys, the insulin pen has an advantage over conventional syringes or vials. In the syringe, patients need to self-fill the insulin and pay close attention while giving appropriate units prior to the injection. This could be a problem for elderly patients, who generally have poor eyesight, and they may have difficulty filling the exact amount of insulin.
The insulin pen eliminates all of these problems as it is safe and easy to use, and convenient for the aging population as they tend to be forgotten. Because of these benefits, people with diabetes worldwide are switching from syringe to pen. In addition, the increasing per capita incomes of diabetics around the world are also increasing the acceptance of insulin pens over vials.
Insulin Pen Market Growth Drivers and Challenges
The main factors fueling the growth of the Insulin Pen market are: increasing diabetes population (particularly type 2 diabetes population), increasing geriatric population, worldwide obesity population growth, etc. On the contrary, the challenges of market growth are the availability of alternatives to insulin pens in the market and the high cost of insulin pens.
Main topics covered:
2. Research & methodology
4. Market dynamics
4.1 Growth drivers
5. Global insulin pen analysis
6. Market and volume share analysis
6.1 Market share
6.2 Volume fraction
6.2.1 Insulin Pen Users
7. Market Analysis – By Types
7.1 Disposable insulin pen
7.2 Reusable insulin pen
7.3 Smart Insulin Pen
7.4 Insulin pen needle
The story goes on
B. Braun Melsungen AG
Eli Lilly and Company
Novo Nordisk A / S.
Owen Mumford Ltd.
Please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/29tnim for more information on this report
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager email@example.com For EST office hours, call 1-917-300-0470. For US / CAN toll free, call 1-800-526-8630 at 353-1-416-8900