1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan (see note), add the onion and sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the jalapeño peppers and spinach and cook for another 1–2 minutes until they are heated through.
2. In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a small bowl and season with ground black pepper. Pour into the pan and cook for a few seconds.
3. Using a wooden spoon, pull the egg in from the sides of the pan towards the center and let the uncooked egg run to fill its space. Cook for 2 minutes, until almost firm, then sprinkle with the parmesan and cook for another 1–2 minutes or until melted.
4. Fold the omelette in the pan, cut in half and divide between two plates.
• • You need a pan with a diameter of approx. 20 cm. If you only have a larger pan, double the ingredients and save half of the omelette for the next day. Heat gently in the microwave or serve cold.
Excerpt from The Fast 800 Easy by Dr. Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison. Published by Simon & Schuster Australia, MSRP $ 35. Photography © Smith & Gilmour