After many people have worked hard all day and have had a stressful journey home in heavy traffic, they want to relax at home with pleasant smells. Certain flavors are believed to help people relax and unwind from their stressful days.
The right scent can calm a person and create a sleepy environment. There is a choice in how a person diffuses these fragrances in their home. A person can burn scented candles or add scented oils of their choice to a diffuser.
The choice between scented candles and diffusing oils
There are reasons to choose scented candles or use diffuse oils. Some people like the romance and warmth of the candle burning with a flame that gives the room a soft light. Scented candles seem cheap and sooner or later many of us will receive scented candles as gifts. However, these considerations cannot be ignored.
- Candles are beautiful, but they work by burning the scented wax with an open flame. Many dorms or apartments do not allow open fires for safety reasons. People with young children or pets need to worry about the candles being knocked over and the melted wax burning sensitive skin or even lighting a fire. And what if a person leaves the house or goes to bed without putting out the burning candle?
Scented oil diffusers are safer because they don’t use flame or heat to diffuse the scent around a room. They can be placed in a safe place out of the way and still scent the entire room. One person can Contact AromaTech for details about how diffusers work and how safe they are.
- Scented candles seem pretty safe about toxins, but that may not be true. Scented candles can contain paraffin, benzene, lead, and toluene, which if burned in a candle can become carcinogens that you inhale. The more the candles are burned, the more problematic this becomes.
Essential oil diffusers can be a safer and cleaner way to get the same pleasant scent. AromaTech’s atomizing diffuser transforms essential oils into a fine, dry mist that safely blows around a room.
- Scented candles smell wonderful when lit, but the scent may not last long after the candles are extinguished. The scent of the candle disappears very quickly.
A diffuser safely manages a constant mist all day, night, week or month. The essential oils can safely and discreetly give off a light fragrance at any time.
- Candles must be indoors and outdoors to burn safely and provide aroma. They can be attractive and can be a decorative element. They can also accidentally tip over and cause burns or fire.
Diffusers do not have to be visible so that they can be stowed in a safe place and emit the essential oil mist at regular intervals. They can also be emitted through an attractive diffuser that blends in with the decor of a room.
- Money is always an issue, and long-term costs are a factor to consider. A candle lasts about 40 hours in total and then has to be replaced. The cost can add up for people who like the scent every day.
Scented oil diffusers cost more to start with but last for years and offer owners the option to use many different scented essential oils. Scented oils and the diffuser are cheaper over time.
How do essential oils and diffusers work?
What is an oil diffuser? An oil diffuser is a device that breaks down essential oils into a fine mist that is then dispersed into the air in the room. The mist is made up of tiny breathable molecules of the beneficial essential oils. This fog makes a room smell better and people feel more relaxed and calmer.
Depending on one of the many selected oils, the feeling in the room can change into calming, relaxed, energizing or reminiscent of happy times. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of essential oils to choose from.
Different oils have different effects.
- Lemongrass might make people think of vacation
- Lavender could promote better sleep
- Eucalyptus oil can clear the airways and help people with colds or breathing problems
- Basil oil can help with digestion
- Geranium oil has a balancing and calming effect
- A mixture of bergamot and cardamom can improve focus and clear the mind
- Some oils can remind people of home cooking
- Other fragrances like peppermint, tea tree, lemon, sage, rosemary, grapefruit, and thyme can be antimicrobial.
Benefits of diffusers with essential oils
Diffusers with essential oils are also known as aromatherapy diffusers. Aromatherapy is a method to help people with the right essential oils deal with stress and other illnesses. People suffering from stress are often helped by installing an essential oil diffuser and using it at the end of the day to relax and torment themselves.
Proper use of diffusers and essential oils, however, offers other benefits. The right essential oils can help people avoid colds and flu or limit their severity. They can also help boost people’s immune systems.
Diffusers can also be used to add moisture and release essential oils to the dry air in private homes. Air with more moisture can make our airways more humid and easier to breathe.
Some people even claim that using the right essential oils in a diffuser can relieve headaches and reduce pain in joints and overworked muscles. Essential oils can also help people focus and think more clearly.
The benefits of essential oils depend on the safe and correct use of the oils and diffusers. Diffusers that use water require frequent cleaning to ensure safety. Pregnant women, infants, and pets should avoid certain diffuser essential oils until they are safe.
Some people are allergic to certain essential oils.
If a person reacts adversely to certain diffused essential oils, they should stop using those oils and find essential oils that do not cause allergic reactions.
Allergic reactions can include nausea, headache, or rashes. The first time you try to use an essential oil diffuser, make sure that the room can be quickly ventilated and the odor eliminated. This can include opening windows and using a fan. Allergic reactions aren’t common, but it’s best to be sure.
Introduce one fragrance at a time in a limited way until you are sure it is safe, and then try another until you have a collection of essential oils that you like and get on well with.