Residents working in the treatment of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes are invited to attend free Alberta Health Services (AHS) educational events online.
Diabetes the Basics is offered as a four-part group session led by AHS experts who share their expertise, provide information, and initiate discussions that can help participants better manage their condition. The session is aimed at people at risk of developing diabetes, as well as those diagnosed with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes.
The briefing session is an online version of AHS ‘Diabetes the Basics workshops held regularly in communities across the Central Zone. Courses are offered online to follow public health guidelines on physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Diabetes The Basics take place on the following dates via Zoom:
– July 5th, 7th, 12th and 14th from 5.30pm to 8pm
– July 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
– July 21, 28, August 4 and 11 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The participants experience:
– What is diabetes.
– foods that affect blood sugar.
– Monitoring and control of blood sugar.
– Medicines for diabetes.
– What to do in case of illness?
– How physical activity affects blood sugar.
– The importance of foot care.
For more information and to register, call the Alberta Healthy Living Program at 1-877-314-6997. You will receive your zoom link when you register.