If you want to eat healthily without sacrificing the foods you love, then this recipe is perfect for you. Today’s recipe of the day is a Greek salad pizza made from all traditional ingredients like spinach, onions, kalamata olives, artichokes, basil and Greek vinaigrette. However, there are two other ingredients that make this recipe unique.
First, the ingredients list calls for a dairy-free feta cheese, which can be found at most local grocery stores or online, and the second difference is that you’ll enjoy the salad on a flatbread pizza crust next to the piece. It’s a win-win situation for the best of both worlds.
This salad pizza requires all kinds of flavorful, healthy vegetables like artichokes that are loaded with essential nutrients that our bodies need to boost immunity. According to one study, artichokes have been scientifically proven to help lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol. They can also improve liver, digestive, and IBS health, according to Healthline.
Additionally, for The Beet’s readers, this salad recipe has been changed to be vegan as we believe that choosing dairy-free alternatives can be a healthy alternative to milk cheese, which can cause inflammation in the body.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Vegan Greek salad pizza
- Angelic Bakehouse Flatzza Crust, grilled (Contains honey, choose Plain Crust Pizza from Banza if you are an ethical vegan)
- 2.5 ounces of spinach, picked and cleaned
- 2 tbsp red onions, diced
- 2 tbsp Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup (1 regular) Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup artichokes, grilled, quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tbsp non-dairy feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup non-dairy Greek vinaigrette dressing
- Spray a hot grill with grill pan release and grill the flatzza for 1.5 to 2 minutes on each side. Rotation 90 degrees in half.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, red onions, kalamata olives, roma tomatoes, artichokes, and fresh basil (or fresh herbs that you prefer).
- Toss the salad with Simply Dressed® Mediterranean Greek Vinaigrette and stir to combine.
- Place the salad on the Flatzza and sprinkle with the crumbled feta.
- Serve immediately!